Thursday, July 29, 2010

Still Under the Weather

I am still under the weather with a bad case of bronchitis.  There hasn't been much stitching going on, or much of anything else for that matter.  I have had difficulty with bronchitis for most of my life.  The only reason I can subscribe this to is the fact that I have allergies.  Of course, I lived with heavy smokers for the first thirty years of my life, and that probably plays a role, as well.

This is a little block that I wanted to post.  It later became a small quilt, or quilt-lette, if you prefer.  The fabrics that make up the block were all painted with oil-based paintsticks applied directly to solid black fabric.  I remember that I really had a ball painting that fabric and making that block.  

There are many reasons to quilt.  Many writers have probably expressed why they quilt better than I can, at least right now when I am so under the weather.  But, I do remember very well making this block and the sheer joy I felt when making it from fabrics that i had painted myself.

My wish for you today is that you experience great joy in your quilting and other creative endeavors.  Creating is truly a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment