Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Finished Quilt


This quilt began as some small practice squares.  I was working with the flip and stitch technique and trying out some different colors (for me).  My son liked them and gave me some nice, positive feedback, so I decided to see if I could put them into a quilt arrangement.  The quilt is approximately 34.5 inches by 34.5 inches.

I have named the quilt, "Learning Curve Sampler".  The quilt was truly an exercise in working with this particular technique, including trying to make spirals with it.  The pieced inner border was something new that I tried, as well.  Usually I hand quilt all my work, but on this quilt, I began to try and develop machine skills.  I am quite happy with it.  I used the new bamboo batting and it is quite warm.


Here is another picture with a funny kitty named Louis.

Keep quilting in peace and happy stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment