Monday, January 18, 2010

Back To My Project

Here is a picture of a finished point for my 8-pointed star project that I wanted to share with you.  I have been piecing the points and have five of them done so far, but thought it was time to start embellishing one of the points.  It was great fun to do, and I came up with a new stitch combination.





Of course, I could not wait to see how it would look against the center block, so here is a picture for you to see, as well:





I still have a long way to go, but it is so exciting to see progress.  Now my thoughts are beginning to turn to a background color.  My son was home this week end for my birthday (the big 60!).  We had a great time together, although it was only one day.  Because he is a professional visual artist working in advertising, I told him what I was thinking and asked for his suggestions.  I'm afraid he was not too sure. Hmmmmmm! I think I will have to go it alone on this one.  I am considering a dark purple or a shade of green.  Of course, I am also considering picking up the black accents and using a black background with a variegated thread for the quilting.  Hmmmmm, again.  Definitely something of earth-shattering importance to keep me awake at night, LOL.


Yesterday  dove into the new issue of Quilters Newsletter.  I saw that the Alliance for American Quilts has announced it's new contest, so I checked it out.  The theme is "Something new from something old", which is giving me many ideas to consider.


I love the holidays, but, oh, how good it feels to be back to routine and into the quilting rhythms of my day/night!  Keep quilting in peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment