Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Little Purse for a Special Gift

I received a special gift from my son this Christmas- an IPod Touch.  This wonderful little gizmo is actually a small, hand-held computer, for those of you who are not into all things Technical or Apple related.  It is wonderful and I have been learning to use many of the functions for school, such as the calendar and the notepad.  I was nervous about keeping it in my pocket, however, so decided to make myself a small purse that could be worn around my neck to keep it in.



The purse is made of two small rectangles of felt.  I first embroidered the front of the purse.  The larger flowers are made of stem stitch worked into a spiral using perl cotton.  The centers are french knots.  I again used stem stitch for the actual stems and some detached chain stitches for the little leaves worked with two strands of floss.  Lazy daisy stitch makes the other flowers, again using french knot centers worked in perl cotton.  Fly stitch is used for stems in two strands of floss.  The background is filled in with fly stitches worked in one strand of floss.  Some straight stitches worked as crossed stitches also help fill in the background and some beads are added for sparkle.  The rectangles are then stitched together using two strands of floss and the blanket stitch.



This was a fun little project.  It didn't take long to complete, and I now have a more secure place to keep my wonderful Christmas gift!  Keep stitching in peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment