Monday, November 16, 2009

One Finished Project and...




I have finished my project for Sharon Boggan's Encrusted Crazy Quilting Class.  I haven't posted in awhile because I have been working on getting it finished up, and somehow, other  pesky things (like work and family) have a tendency to get in the way, LOL!  So, with no further ado, I am posting some pictures.  Below is a closer shot to view the stitching a little better:





I must tell you that I had  rough go of it toward the end of the project.  It seems to happen to me a lot when I get to the point where it's time to wind things up.  It's that little niggling voice at the back of  my head that says, "Hmmmm, maybe that could have been a little better, " or "What were you thinking, do you think that really works?  No one else would do that!"  Well, I must say that Sharon was marvelous and told me to silence that inner critic in  those very terms.  So, I took her advice to heart and have started a new project.  Here are two views to take a peek at:








This project is the beginning of a quilt.  It will be the center block of a star quilt.  The center and some of the other pieces of the block are photos I printed on fabric and touched up with colored pencils.  The block also contains some of the hand dyed fabrics that are featured in the heading of my blog.  I am really enjoying using them because, aside from the fact that I made them, I love the texture of some of them.  Speaking of texture, here is a photo of some of my hand painted fabrics:





I love making my own fabrics.  The textures can be so interesting and I love that these came from my own hand.  Both my block from Sharon's class and my new project also use some of the threads that I hand painted.  They were originally a little stiff, but soften up beautifully as I worked with them.  


I must get a move on.  Other responsibilities are calling.  I hope that you keep quilting in peace and love.  Debby

No comments:

Post a Comment