Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Block


Happy Sunday to all!  I am home recuperating from oral surgery, which has really slowed me down.  However, I did manage to get this block done before I had the surgery last Thursday.  This block is for Sharon B.'s online class: Encrusted Crazy Quilting.  It is really a stretch for me out of my comfort zone, as far as the colors I chose.  the block was not that hard for me to put together, but we are in week 2 now.  Week 2 starts into seam treatments and I am having a little harder time.  Of course, that could just be my being kind of worn down from the surgery, too.  I can hardly get my jaw open today.


Anyway, I wanted to tell people, if anyone out there has actually read my blog, what a fabulous course this is.  You can tell that Sharon is not only a great textile artist, but a great teacher, as well.  She knows how to take complicated theory or concepts and break them down to seem simple.  Even if you don't have any art background, it is easy to understand what Sharon is talking about.  Thank you, Sharon.


Hopefully, I will be on the mend soon and can get into a stitching routine that is not so much of a struggle.  It is no fun having to pick stitches out, no matter how good a scissors you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment